Jan. 26, 2020
Math Night, Book Fair, & Pizza Fest Are Coming
Join us Friday 1/31 from 5:30 to 7:30! It’ll be a night full of mathematical fun, amazing books, and yummy pizza! Help out by volunteering.
Wish List – Spotlight on Pedometers
The PE dept is looking to replace some of their older pedometers, but they need our help! A classroom set of pedometers is a big purchase so we are combining money from family donations and general PTO funds.
If you’d like to help, you can donate any amount toward the purchase of new pedometers at chavezwishlist.cheddarup.com.
Fun Fair Preview
March 7, 10 AM-2 PM
The Fun Fair features carnival games, face painting, food, and fun for the whole family. To make the fair a success, we’ll be asking for the following donations in February:
- 2 Liter Bottles of Soda, juice, etc.
- Cookies, cakes, and treats for the Cake Walk. New this year – we’re also including boxes of cereal. Home baked or store bought goodies are welcome.
We’ll open volunteer slots the first week of February. Sign up for a slot or two with your child to keep the fun going! Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in helping us finalize the fair plans.
Box Tops Reminder
Keep clipping and scanning your box tops and receipts. Each box top is worth 10 cents for our school. You can send your paper box tops to your child’s teacher and they’ll put the box tops in our drop box.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- January 31 – Math Night/Pizza Fest/Book Fair
- February 4 – PTO Meeting. Everyone is welcome!
- February 27 – Online Auction Starts
- March 3 – PTO Meeting. Everyone is welcome!
- March 7 – Fun Fair
January 5, 2020
Fun Fair Planning
Planning for the Fun Fair is underway! We need a couple more people to join our amazing crew. Tell us how you want to help us plan the 2020 Fun Fair (March 7). Email Cate at email@example.com.
Fun Fair Crew:
- Cate Valenzuela: Overall Chair & Prizes
- Nicole Nelson: Decor
- Patricia Sugden: Booths coordinator
- Mary Kok & Shandra Bauer: Concessions Coordinators
Wishes Can Come True
We are stronger together! Help our teachers and staff better serve our scholars by funding their wishes. Your tax-deductible contributions are combined with other families’ and PTO funds to help get needed tools and improvements for our classrooms. Donate here: https://my.cheddarup.com/c/chavezwishlist.
We’re looking for a new volunteer coordinator to help volunteers feel welcomed and appreciated. Other duties include keeping an eye on sign-ups, coordinating with event chairs, and communicating with the high school volunteer groups. Please let us know if you’re interested by contacting Cate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- January 6 – School Resumes
- January 7 – PTO meeting & Volunteer Recognition Pizza
Our next meeting will be January 7, 6-8 PM, LMC. You’re welcome to attend. No childcare this month (you’re welcome to bring your kids with you if they’re old enough to entertain themselves for a bit).
Find the notes for past and upcoming meetings here.
November Meeting Highlights:
- Step-a-thon planning update.
- Thanks to Nicole Nelson, the Fall Dance coordinator. Thanks also to the volunteers! It was a fun night!
- Discussion of school shirt design.
- Discussion of kindergarten & 1st grade carpets. Plan to ask for volunteers to help with 1st grade carpets.
- Discussion of possible future projects.
-Chávez Elementary PTO